This page has moved. You will be automatically redirected to its new location in 10 seconds. If you aren't forwarded to the new page, click here.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Getting HTTP 404 error on SharePoint site

All of a sudden my power went out while I was working on my SharePoint site and my server went down. After power supply was restarted I could not open my sharepoint site and it was giving errors like:

Unknown error
an unknown error has occurred
and finally the HTTP 404 page not found error

When I checked the event viewer I could see the error as:

Event Type:    Error

Event Source:    Windows SharePoint Services 3

Event Category:    Database

Event ID:    3760

Date:        12/18/2008

Time:        3:52:30 PM

User:        N/A

Computer:    ***-******

Description:

SQL Database 'WSS_Content_8ddc90d116d0456a92bbf1934103b6f1' on SQL Server instance '***-******\OfficeServers' not found. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.


 

Cannot open database "WSS_Content_8ddc90d116d0456a99bbf1914103b8f1" requested by the login. The login failed.

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.


 

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.


 

When I opened my SQL Server; I saw the above mentioned database had a (suspect) keyword associated with it. I performed a search for resolving suspect databases and finally I got this set of queries that resolved my problem:

EXEC sp_resetstatus 'yourDBname';
ALTER DATABASE yourDBname SET EMERGENCY
DBCC checkdb('yourDBname')
ALTER DATABASE yourDBname SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
DBCC CheckDB ('yourDBname', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)
ALTER DATABASE yourDBname SET MULTI_USER

http://blog.cybner.com.au/2007/10/your-sql-2005-database-is-suspect.html

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/reporting-services/SQL_2005_Suspect_Database.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment