This page has moved. You will be automatically redirected to its new location in 10 seconds. If you aren't forwarded to the new page, click here.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Error 404 Not Found on SharePoint My Site

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointadmin/thread/93e454d0-2044-40bd-b9d3-6c9628c2198a/

Steps I performed:

  1. Central Administration > Application Management > New Application (Template: Enterprise > My Site Host) > New Site Collection
  2. Then created a new site at URL /sites/personal
  3. Shared Service Provider > My Site Settings > Personal Site Services = Give the URL created in step 1
  4. Enter location or keep the existing text in the Personal Site Location textbox
  5. Click OK
  6. Shared Service Provider > Trusted My Site Host Locations > Add your site URL and allow the target audience
  7. Try to create a my site
  8. If you get any request timed out error, make sure your application user is the farm administrator

    http://sharepointkb.org/Your_personal_site_cannot_be_created_because_Self-Service_Site_Creation_is_not_enabled.
  9. Restart IIS and ur my site should work now

No comments:

Post a Comment