This page has moved. You will be automatically redirected to its new location in 10 seconds. If you aren't forwarded to the new page, click here.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Trim the time from SharePoint DateTime column in SharePoint Designer

I was having the problem that SharePoint column was set to date only but when I used it in SPD workflows and sent emails and included this column in the emails, it put a timestamp of 12:00:00 on the column values. I had to use two datetime columns in my workflow to show duration of [DATE FROM] to [DATE TO]. In order to cut it, I created a calculated column and used the following formula and then I used the new column called "Duration" in my workflow.

=MONTH([Date From])&"/"&DAY([Date From])&"/"&YEAR([Date From])&" to "&MONTH([Date To])&"/"&DAY([Date To])&"/"&YEAR([Date To])

**[Date From] and [Date To] are columns of my SP list

Link that suggested me to do this was:

http://www.wssdemo.com/Lists/Resources/DispFormOld.aspx?ID=2086

No comments:

Post a Comment